WHAT IS O.I.T.A.F. ?
O.I.T.A.F. is the International Organization for Transportation by Rope. It was founded in Milan (I) in 1959. At present it has 155 members from 35 countries.
WHY O.I.T.A.F. ?
In order to solve pending problems on a common basis it was found necessary to unite in one organization the interests of the three groupings concerned with ropeways:
· the ropeway operators / owners
· the manufacturers of ropeway installations
· the supervisory boards / authorities (representing the country involved)
WHAT ARE THE AIMS OF O.I.T.A.F. ?
The major aims of O.I.T.A.F. are
· to promote growth and progress in transportation by rope;
· to promote studies and experimental work likely to be useful for the development and progress of transportation by rope;
· to promote the harmonization of national regulations in the field of rope transportation;
· to draft uniform international guidelines and issue recommendations for the design, construction, operation, maintenance and supervision of ropeways;
· to hold international conferences on transportation by rope;
· to hold annual seminars.
Plan your visit to the trade fair!